Like most entrepreneurs, you probably planned really well for the Start-Up Phase of your business.
Then you hit the point where the revenue is coming in steadily and consistently. Welcome to the Growth Phase of your business!
This is the time where you start to feel ready to make some larger expenditures or investments, or perhaps to expand your business in some way. You may have started doing some of this already.
The trouble here is twofold:
- Most business owners don’t know how to plan (or even that they need to) for the Growth Phase. Instead of earmarking money for specific purposes, they spend the cash simply because it’s available.
- Money needs a job. When you don’t tell your money what to do, it can feel like it’s taken on a mind of its own… leaving your bank account empty and you wondering where it all went.
If you’re finding yourself in this situation, I promise you – you’re not alone.
You also don’t need to go through the stress and shame of it by yourself any more.
Lucky for you, I’ve spent the last 18+ years experimenting, failing, trying again, and succeeding with my own business. Along the way, I’ve found a lot of solutions to the kinds of problems entrepreneurs face in managing their cash flow, supporting their families financially, and becoming profitable.
Solutions that can bring you peace and relief – and maybe even a good night’s sleep for once. Solutions that can help you avoid the kinds of big, expensive mistakes I made on my own journey.
You know your business should be giving you financial freedom and security by now, but here’s the rub…
After you created your shiny business plan for the Start-Up Phase of your business, no one taught you how to create the plan for the next phase, the Growth Phase. You were basically left to your own devices to figure that part out… if you were even lucky enough to have someone tell you that you needed to.
And sure, you could spend weeks (or months… or years…) trying to figure it out. Googling random blog posts. Reading books. Listening to podcasts. Buying courses.
This method works for some, but in order to succeed, most people require a level of accountability, support, and partnership that these options simply can’t provide.
This is where I come in…
After 30+ years in the accounting industry, I’ve come to realize that “partnership” is the missing link between most accounting pro’s and their clients. I believe that we in this industry could be doing a much better job at helping our clients become profitable – and that starts with forming stronger relationships, understanding our clients’ businesses and goals on a more personal level, and working with them to create an actual, effective plan to get them there. In short, becoming partners in our clients’ success.
My approach to numbers and being in relationship with my clients is what sets me apart from other accounting professionals.
When we partner together, you’ll have a solid plan for keeping more of your money and paying yourself well. And you’ll have coaching and mentorship from yours truly along the way – someone who has been there, done that, and got the t-shirt.
Profit Strategy Session
Perfect for those who have read the book Profit First by Mike Michalowicz, or desire to get started with an intentional cash handling system to save for taxes, pay themselves more, and create more profits in their business.
How it works: During a phone call or Zoom meeting, we will co-create a solution for one of the roadblocks in your business. Following our call, I will send you the action steps we identify. Should you decide to further our work together, I will apply the cost of this session to your service package.
90-Day Managed Services Plan
Every business needs a basic financial foundation! The problem is, most businesses (including me!) spent our first few years in Hustle Mode, getting our idea off the ground and meeting people who would buy our services.
Now that you’ve survived the Start-Up Phase, you’re beginning to realize that your business has been built on a pretty wobbly structure – and that you need to fix the foundation in order to continue to grow.
How it works: Over the next 90 days, you and I (and possibly one of your team members) will create a Bookkeeping System, a Financial Plan, and a Cash Handling System for your business. I will then match you with an external bookkeeper who will beta-test this entire process for us for 60 days. By the end of our time together, they will be fully trained in your system and a possible candidate for you to outsource your ongoing bookkeeping needs.
At the end of our 90 days together, you will have a Financial Plan you can move forward with, a bookkeeping system and process that you understand, and an easy-to-manage cash handling system that will: pay you more, allow you to easily create cash reserves for growth, and save for taxes. All the foundational pieces will be in place for you to feel secure in your next phase of business development!
Profit & Cash Flow Mentoring
You already have a bookkeeper, a tax pro, perhaps a business coach, and maybe even a financial advisor.
And yet. You still find yourself wondering where all your money went or how to know if your business can support the growth, goals, dreams, and plans you want to implement. That’s where I come in!
While I don’t replace any of these team members, what I do do is enhance and meld their expertise with what you truly desire for your business and your life.
How it works:
This is a 6-month commitment to partner together, that you can renew as many times as you need. I will show up, hold space, and be available to support you. My promise to you is that I will make you my priority. In exchange, you agree to show up for our calls, play all-out, and be as vulnerable and honest with me as possible.
Some of the things we might focus on during our time together include:
- Agility. Waiting to look at your numbers 30, 60, 90+ days after the fact can actually increase your debt and kill your dreams of growth. Yes, your bookkeeper needs time to process the activity, AND you also need access to them in real-time to stay agile and responsive. This is not a complete overhaul to your bookkeeping system, but a fine-tuning with an eye to automation, ease, and improved processes.
- Education. Very few of us had an opportunity to take a Personal Finance course in school or had parents who could teach us about money. Most of us went to the School of Hard Knocks to learn this kind of information! One of my God-given gifts is how to explain numbers, finances, and accounting in terms you understand. You can have a safe and honest conversation with me about your money, knowing that I speak your language and can guide you using the foundation you have already created.
- Faith. You are a spiritual entrepreneur with an existing faith muscle that you use to create abundance: crafting new programs, attracting new clients and amazing team members. But when it comes to cash flow, your faith muscle needs a little strengthening. Part of my job is Faith Trainer, providing you with spot-training to build trust in your numbers and faith in the flow of money and abundance.
- Focus. What you focus on, you create! When you focus on the fact your bank account is empty, or your debt is creeping higher and higher, even with a strong faith muscle you will find yourself stuck in the Land of Lack. We’ll craft a financial plan that puts your dreams and desires into numbers, with metrics that guide your choices and actions, and make it the cornerstone of our conversations.
- Accountability & Partnership. Knowing what your natural tendency and needs are when it comes to goalsetting is key. For those of us who are natural Obligers, we require some form of outside accountability. Wanting to get more exercise, we’ll show up at a class if we know a friend will be there. It’s why we hire business coaches, even if we are doing the homework as we slide into our monthly call. I provide and hold similar accountability for all the clients I partner with.
- (1) 2-hour Planning Session to set your initial financial targets based on where you are at right now, your 12-month target, and your Big Kahuna Dream.
- (3) 30-minute conversations per month, for cash planning and accountability.
- Weekly action emails with reminders of items and tasks that you committed to, the metrics you are working towards, and the progress towards your financial targets.
- (1) 30-minute finance planning session per month, with custom reports so we can review what happened against the plan and what shifts can be taken.
- (1) 60-minute plan review session per quarter, that allows us to adjust the metrics and the numbers, and move you one step closer to your Big Kahuna Dream.
- A written Financial Plan (aka Budget) that we will share, co-create with, and refer to at least twice per month. (What you focus on, you create!)
- Cash Handling System implementation plan and execution.
- Email and text lifeline support as needed.
- SOS calls, because sometimes you just need them – and I am vested in your success!